Monday, July 16, 2012

Linda Bolton - Aspiring Contemporary Romance Writer

Today is a beautiful day! Today my guest blogger is Linda Bolton, a beautiful young lady who is diligently working on making her dreams come true. They will come true! Linda receives inspirations from 'unknown sources' just like I do. That is all of the support she will need to become a successful author. Welcome Linda!




Where Do Writers Get Their Ideas

Where did the idea for my book, Perfect, come from? Well, it started as just daydreaming at first. They were about my favorite actor, Gerard Butler. Then, I joined one of his fan sites. ( I know, I know, don’t judge me!!) And the final straw? I watched every interview I could find. I realized I was a bit obsessed and decided I had better find a sane outlet for all this. I began writing.

Obviously, Gerry was my main male lead. I paired him with an everyday, run of the mill, woman he just happen to run into. She just happens to have the qualities he wants and needs in a partner.

The two of them travel to places I have seen or wish I could visit, Scotland being at the top of my wish list.  I took them to the Island of Dominica, Haiti, Vegas, Dallas and, of course, California. Iceland was my other personal favorite.

You might be asking, “How did you plan it out?” For this book I just went with the flow. It just came to me. I didn’t plan a thing. I outline at the end. The voices, or muses, in my head take over and control everything. I am, unfortunately, a terrible date. I will stop mid-sentence, fish out a piece of paper and totally ignore who I’m with to get an idea down before it eludes me. I’m also notorious for waking up in the middle of the night and having to write. I get my best ideas at 3 am.

Am I crazy for writing a book based on an actor? Based on an obsession? Do you have favorite vacations/dream vacations? Send them my way...need ideas for the next book!

Thank you very much, Linda, for dropping in today and sharing your inspirational story with us. All the best wishes to you for the future, make that near future, publication of Perfect.

Publishers, and the rest of us too, can find Linda in the following locations.

Linda Bolton is an aspiring contemporary romance writer.  She is looking for a publisher for her first book, Perfect.  While working on a future projects Linda can be found:

Her romance blog at http://www.lindabolton.blogspot.com 


2 comments: